Why didn’t my radar detector go off when I drove past a police car?
There are a few possible reasons why your radar detector didn’t go off when you drove past police.
- Is your radar detector is just too old?
- Is your imported radar detector tuned for New Zealand police radars?
- Did that police car actually have speed radars installed?
- Was the police radar actually switched on?
- Is your detector may be faulty?
- Maybe it’s just your lucky day. Or theirs.
And of course every single police car on New Zealand roads have a speedometer. They can sit in behind you even at a distance and monitor your speed against their own. No radar detector in the world will save you there.
Radar detectors only detect the radar, not the presence of actual police or police cars.